JEWEL-OSCO Helps Make Holiday Gift Buying Easier
For St. Charles shoppers with little time and tight budgets for buying holiday gifts, the local grocery store can be a great resource for practical and affordable items. There are few other stores where consumers can purchase gifts from a wide selection of local suppliers and many different leading retailers, often without even leaving their own neighborhood.
Grocers, including JEWEL-OSCO, are particularly popular for purchasing gift cards, an item many consumers love to receive so they can, in turn, use them to buy products and services that fit their personal needs. This holiday, U.S. shoppers are expected to spend more money on gift cards than last year, according to a recent Nielsen Global Holiday Spending Expectations survey.
“Shoppers who run out of time and energy when searching for holiday gifts can turn to our stores for products that can be the perfect solution for both them and their gift recipients,” said Karen May, JEWEL-OSCO external communications manager. “During the final weeks of the shopping season, our Gift Card Malls and beauty, deli and liquor departments offer a variety of gift-giving options.”
May offered several suggestions for holiday gift ideas that JEWEL-OSCO customers can select from, including:
- Gift cards from iTunes, Starbucks, Lowe’s, JC Penney, Macy’s and many other popular retailers
- A "Winter-Getaway Vacation Package,” featuring a copy of Spa Finder Magazine, gift cards for Marriott Hotels and Southwest Airlines, a pair of Foster Grant sunglasses and a bottle of Coppertone suntan lotion; $35 estimated total cost, plus gift card cost.
- Fresh fruit baskets and fruit bowls starting at about $25 each.
- A “Home Spa Weekend Package,” featuring copies of People and O magazines, Celestial Seasonings Chamomile herbal tea, a bottle of 2005 Columbia Crest Grand Estates Columbia Valley Merlot wine, a 1.7 ounce bottle of L’Oreal Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture skin cream and a Revlon Eyelash Curler; estimated $36 total cost.
- Russell Stover Truffles Candies (12 oz.) in holiday-wrapped box, or choose from one of many other popular boxed candies, starting at about $9.
- An “Italian Food Lovers Package,” featuring wild harvest® organic marinara pasta sauce; boxes of Essential Everyday tri-color, farfalle, gemelli and mostaccioli pasta; Racconto Whole Grain Potato Gnocchi from Italy; a Kitchenmade colander and Good Cook pasta server; Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Riserva wine; and a copy of Food & Wine magazine; estimated $45 total cost.
(prices and product selection may vary)
With 181 stores, JEWEL-OSCO operates Chicago area locations within a few miles of many customers’ homes, an important convenience with today’s high gas prices and crowded streets and highways. All stores are open seven days a week, with several open 24/7 for added shopping convenience. Learn more at http://www.jewelosco.com