More than a million diners voted for OpenTable’s 2012 Diners’ Choice of the Best American Restaurants in the Chicago area, putting Geneva's Niche on the Top 10 list.
"Niche is proud to have made the list as they use OpenTable frequently to allow diners to make reservations in a convenient way at no cost," Niche owners said in an e-mailed press release.
Once guests have made the reservations online at OpenTable and finished dining at the restaurant, they are sent a Dining Feedback form, which they can rate the experience. According to the feedback reviews, Niche is rated just shy of five full stars and won an additional nine awards for the West Suburbs, including the categories of Best Service, Notable Wine List, Best Overall and Best Ambiance.
The ratings and reviews are updated instantly and open for the public to view at www.opentable.com or on the mobile phone app.
Niche’s Small Plates menu was designed specifically to complement Niche’s award-winning, all-American wine cellar as well as the continuously updated selection of handcrafted beers and specialty bourbons.
Niche is a fine dining restaurant in Geneva, serving a constantly evolving menu of American contemporary cuisine based on the freshest Midwest ingredients. Chef Serena Perdue blends her traditional French training with her love of newly picked, seasonal products from local suppliers as well as from Niche’s own sustainable farm at The Bull Run Estate in Elburn. Niche's all-American wine list is handpicked by general manager and wine director Vince Balistreri.
The Small Plates menu includes items such as:
- Deviled eggs with shrimp, maple bacon, cherry tomato and basil, $6
- Delaware oysters, served on a plate with two fresh with Mignonette, two broiled with brioche bread crumbs, and two breaded and fried with an herb aioli, $10
- Truffle popcorn, parmesan cheese, white truffle oil, white truffle salt, $6
- Grilled cheese, featuring Wisconsin-made Bellavitano parmesan, grape jam, fresh grapes, and cornichions, $6
- Sliders, made from Angus beef on a pretzel roll with house-made ketchup, with choices of toppers including smoky blue cheese, Nueskes bacon, a fried egg or foie gras, $6.50
- Chicken rilette, a traditional French “soul food” dish of confit chicken mixed with dried cherries and thyme, served with toasted croutons, $9
- Meat and cheese plates, featuring the best of U.S. cheeses and cured meats, selected to complement guests’ tastes and drink selection, $8 - $12
All items on the Small Plates menu are available at the bar or in the dining room Tuesday through Saturday from 5 p.m. through 10 p.m. For questions, diners can call (630) 262-1000. For reservations, diners can log onto opentable.com or call Niche at 630-262-1000.
OpenTable is a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners and reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. The OpenTable network delivers the convenience of online restaurant reservations to diners and the operational benefits of a computerized reservation book to restaurants.
SOURCE: Niche Restaurant