Lottery Determines St. Charles Council Ballot Order
Simultaneous filings sparked lottery for positions on April 9 Consolidated Election ballot.
Simultaneous filings on Dec. 17 of election papers by candidates for St. Charles elected offices sparked a lottery to determine placement on the ballot for the April 9 Consolidated Election.
The lottery, to determine which candidates are listed first, second, and third on the ballot for the offices of mayor, Ward 2 alderman, and Ward 5 alderman was held at 4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012.
Deputy City Clerk Christine Nilles officiated and City Clerk Nancy Garrison drew the number for the name to be listed first, second, and third on the ballot. The ballot order for these positions is:
- Jotham S. Stein
- John E. Rabchuk
- Alderman Raymond P. Rogina
- Arthur J. Lemke
- Alderman Clifford X. Carrignan
- Alderman Maureen Lewis
- Kimberly A. Malay
Candidates filing after Dec. 17 will be listed in the order of the filings, and include:
- Mayoral candidate Jake “Wayne” Wyatt;
- 1st Ward: Alderman Jon Monken, Ron Silkaitis and Justin Osborne;
- 3rd Ward: Mario J. VanDerHeyden and Alderman William Turner;
- and 4th Ward Alderwoman Jo Krieger, who is unopposed.
Certification of ballots must be filed with the county clerks in Kane and DuPage counties by Jan. 31, 2013.
SOURCE: City of St. Charles