Although no new construction projects are underway that will effect St. Charles commuters this morning, motorists should watch out for several ongoing ones. Be sure to allow for extra driving time.
- Motorists travelling through the west side of Geneva may experience some delays as a result of a crack-sealing project taking place on Peck, Keslinger, and Kaneville roads through the week.
- Construction crews will be on Kaneville from Peck to Fabyan Parkway, Keslinger from Randall to Brundidge roads, and Peck from Route 38 to Kaneville until the project concludes on Saturday.
- Motorists should watch for temporary lane closures between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., and should be aware of construction signs, and flaggers on the roadways. Those travelling through the area will need to reduce speed, and should expect delays or consider alternate routes.
- The intersection at Randall and Bolcum roads is currently under construction for the replacement of traffic signals, pavement widening, and pavement and gutter replacement. Daily lane closures are in effect.
- Daily lane closures are also in effect on Silver Glen Road from Route 47 to Corron Road for pavement replacement.
St. Charles motorists will not have to look to hard for the lowest gas price today. According to www.GasBuddy.com, the price for unleaded gasoline held $3.95 per gallon, which has been the lowest price since earlier this week.
|Mobil||1023 W. Main St.||$3.95|
|BP||1505 Lincoln Hwy.||$3.95|
|Shell||2500 E. Main St.||$3.95|
|BP||145 E. Main St.||$3.95|
|7-Eleven||51 S. Randall Rd.||$3.95|
|Meijer||855 S. Randall Rd.||$3.95|
|Phillips 66||1660 W. Main St.||$3.95|
|Citgo||307 W. Main St.||$3.95|
Note: Costco had a lower listed price Thursday morning but requires a membership or Costco card.