The St. Charles Police Department reminds residents there are services available for victims and witnesses of crime:
- Kane County Victim's Rights Unit: Provides information about how your case will proceed through the court system. Contact via the Kane County States Attorney's Office at 630-232-3500.
- Kane County States Attorney's Office: Can assist domestic violence victims in obtaining an order of protection. Domestic violence victims can call the general number at 630-232-3500 and ask for the Domestic Violence Victim Services Division.
- Community Crisis Center: Based in Elgin, it is one of the state’s oldest domestic violence shelters and provides services to individuals and families in crisis due to domestic violence, sexual assault, or economic/financial difficulties. Call 1-847-697-2380 (742-4057 TDD)
- Mutual Ground: Provides services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault that include emergency shelter, domestic violence victim advocacy and sexual assault counseling. Based in Aurora, Call 630-897-0080.
- Prairie State Legal Services: Assistance and legal advice may be available to victims. Call 630-232-9415.
- Illinois State Attorney General's Office: Crime victims or their families may call 1-800-228-3368 for information about the Illinois Crime Victim's Compensation Program, which provides financial assistance to eligible victims who have been killed or injured as a result of a criminal act.
- City of St. Charles: The city’s website, www.stcharlesil.gov, also lists services available to victims of crime. The St. Charles Police Department also keeps victim/witness brochures in its lobby.
Anyone needing additional information is invited to call the St. Charles Police Department at 630-377-4435.