Several ongoing pavement resurfacing and road projects could cause some delays for commuters during the coming weeks. Motorists are advised to drive with increased caution and to be prepared for increased travel times.
- Construction on Randall Road and Fabyan Parkway in Geneva began late last week. From now until mid-December, work will be done to widen Randall Road and add new lanes. New storm sewers and bus stops will also be added. Motorists should use excess caution while driving through the area and watch for construction equipment entering and leaving the road.
- The widening of Burlington Road from Whitney Road to Kings Mill Drive is expected to be ongoing until the fall. Those traveling through the area should be prepared for daily lane closures and increased travel times.
- The intersection at Randall and Bolcum roads is currently under construction for the replacement of traffic signals, pavement widening, and pavement and gutter replacement. Daily lane closures are in effect.
- A bridge is closed on Silver Glen Road over the tributary to Otter Creek for replacement throughout the month. A detour is posted for motorists.
- Daily lane closures are also in effect on Silver Glen Road from Route 47 to Corron Road for pavement replacement.
Gas prices for St. Charles commuters are not any lower since last week, but the good news is, they're not any higher. 7-Eleven, Meijer, and BP still have the lowest price in the area at $3.89 per gallon, according to GasBuddy.com.51 S. Randall Rd. $3.89 1505 Lincoln Hwy. $3.89 855 S. Randall Rd. $3.89 1745 E.Main St. $3.93 Shell 2500 E. Main St. $3.99 1660 W. Main St. $3.99 1023 W. Main St. $3.99
*Note: Costco had a lower listed price Tuesday morning but requires a membership or Costco card.