The St. Charles Police Department, in a release issued Wednesday, urged people to carpool and to use the Remote Park and Shuttle Lots during the increased pedestrian and vehicle traffic that accompanies the St. Charles Scarecrow Fest, which runs Oct. 5-7, 2012.
West Side Park and Shuttle Lots
- Haines Middle School, 9th and Indiana streets.
- St. Charles Community Unit School District 303 Administration lot, 7th and Indiana streets.
- Thompson Middle School (Saturday and Sunday), 7th and West Main streets.
East Side Park and Shuttle Lots
- Charlestowne Mall, Parking lot H, 3800 E. Main St.
The following municipal parking lot closures will be in effect on the days listed below:
- Lot G: River Plaza Parking Lot — North 2nd and Cedar/State streets, Wednesday-Sunday.
- Lot J: Municipal Center Parking Lot (south half only) — 100 block of North Riverside Avenue, Thursday-Sunday.
- Lot L: Old St. Charles Court Lot – North 3rd Street, Friday - Sunday.
- Lot P: Riverside Avenue north of State Avenue and adjacent to the St. Charles Police Department, Thursday-Sunday.
The following street closures will be in effect on the days listed below:
- North 3rd Street between Cedar and State streets, Thursday-Sunday
- North 3rd Street between Main and Cedar streets, Saturday and Sunday
- North 4th Street between West Main and Cedar streets, Friday-Sunday
- North 5th Street between West Main and Cedar streets, Friday-Sunday
Parking will be restricted/prohibited on a number of city streets. Additional handicapped parking will be posted on North 5th Street, North 4th Street, 1st Street, and North Riverside Avenue. Motorists are encouraged to check for signs before parking. Handicap parking areas will be strictly enforced with a $250 fine.
St. Charles Police Department and Emergency Management personnel will be providing pedestrian assistance/traffic control at key intersections. Motorists should expect delays and are reminded to use caution due to the increased amount of pedestrian traffic. Please do not drive distracted.