1. , sponsored by the , start tonight with Pamela Rose and Windy City Country. The performance begins at 7 p.m. in the Lincoln Park Gazebo on Main Street, between 4th and 5th streets in downtown St. Charles. This is a free event for all ages.
2. One lane of East Main Street between 7th Avenue and Dunham Road will be temporarily closed for soil sampling between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Soil samples are being obtained as part the Environmental Protection Agency's requirements in preparation for upcoming improvements along East Main Street. Please use caution when driving in work zones.
3. The 12th annual May Fest, one of Chicago's favorite street fairs, begins at 5 p.m. in the Lincoln Square neighborhood between Lincoln and Leland avenues. This evening's entertainment will start at 6 p.m. with a performance by the Old Town School of Folk Music's Alumni. The Captain Blood Orchestra will follow at 7:30 p.m. playing 1960's rock 'n' roll.
4. will host New York-based food and fashion writer Cheryl Tan as part of its ongoing series titled, Dinner with the Author. Tan will be discussing her first book, A Tiger in the Kitchen, A Memoir of Food and Family. A free public reception begins at 6 p.m. and is followed by dinner at 7 p.m. Reservations are required for the dinner portion of the event. For more information on reserved seating, please contact the cafe.
5. Lamplight Equestrian Center is hosting an "A"-rated Hunter/Jumper Show beginning at 8 a.m. This free event will showcase experienced riders taking place in competitions testing their speed and skill. There is no scheduled end time; the competition will continue until all events have been completed. Guests can enjoy a full day of equestrian ability performances, local vendors and a concession stand.