Motorists travelling west of Randall Road will notice two ongoing road improvement projects that began this week. Both projects, which are expected to conclude at the end of the week, involve lane closures. Drivers are advised to allow extra time on these routes.
- Bridge inspections on Keslinger Road over the LaFox Tributary to Mill Creek east of Linlar Drive in Geneva will take place for the second and final day today. Motorists are advised to watch for construction personnel in the area and to be prepared for lane closures.
- Anyone travelling on Main Street from Route 47 to Randall Road in and near St. Charles should be prepared for delays due to a crack routing and sealing project which will continue until the end of the week. Roadwork will result in temporary lane closures from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. until the project concludes on Friday. Motorists should reduce speed and watch out for construction signs and flaggers on the site. They also are advised to consider alternate routes to their destination.
- The intersection at Randall and Bolcum roads is currently under construction for the replacement of traffic signals, pavement widening, and pavement and gutter replacement. Daily lane closures are in effect.
- A bridge is closed on Silver Glen Road over the tributary to Otter Creek for replacement throughout the month. A detour is posted for motorists.
- Daily lane closures are also in effect on Silver Glen Road from Route 47 to Corron Road for pavement replacement.
*Note: Costco had a lower listed price Tuesday morning but requires a membership or Costco card.