An important local charity needs your help, and all you have to do is vote for the organization once a day until Aug. 15. Keep reading to find out more.
If you're a St. Patrick School family, today includes a deadline that you should know about. And what could be better than free entertainment? Play a free game of pool at one of St. Charles' favorite downtown bars.
Here are five things you should know about today:
1. St. Charles inside Council Chambers at the . Agendas are usually found prior to each meeting at http://www.stcharlesil.gov/meetings/index.asp.
Public comment is accepted.
2. Families can enjoy time together before the summer's end with Raft Night from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at . Bring your favorite float to the pool and also enjoy the "twilight rate" admission fee of $3. The twilight rate applies to St. Charles residents and non-residents of all ages.
3. Students attending during the 2011-12 school year should have Mail-In Fee packets submitted by today. Packets turned in after Aug. 8 will be subject to a $25 late fee.
St. Patrick students will be enjoying a this year. After many years of hard work and dedication, the school and parish will be educating students in a technological state-of-the-art school and CCD center.
4. You can help the win a Volkswagen Bug during the Love Bug Contest underway through Aug 15. The Love Bug Contest asks members of the community to vote for their favorite cause once a day for the next 15 days. The two charities with the most votes will move on to the finals and possibly win a VW Love Bug.
Tri-City Health Partnership has provided free medical care to the community for the last 10 years. With the help of more than 112 health care professionals, Tri-City Health Partnership assists those in need with necessary medical services. You can vote for the organization at www.lovebugcontest.com.
5. You can play a in St. Charles. The Beehive has a full menu of bar food as well as a game room with darts, pool and more. Guests can also enjoy daily food and drink specials. Today's are $2 Bud Lite bottles, $3.25 Long Island Iced Tea, and 50-cent wings.
The Beehive, which opened in May 2005, is located in the historic St. Charles Hotel building which dates back to 1851.