Kane County Cougars fans can take advantage of a great BOGO offer at tonight's game, and everyone will want to get a free frozen treat at local 7-Eleven stores.
Here are our top 5 favorite things going on today:
1. People age 50 and older should register by today for the trip with the St. Charles Park District on Aug. 11. The trip will take place aboard the Celebration Belle, an 800-passenger paddle-wheel riverboat based in Moline. Live music and a buffet will be featured on board, complete with homemade sticky rolls.
The $90 fee includes motor-coach transportation to Moline and buffet lunch. For more information and to register for the trip, click here.
2. Bring any Meijer receipt to the tonight and receive up to four buy-one, get-one free tickets. The Cougars will play the Burlington Bees, a team affiliated with the Oakland Athletics.
The game starts at 6:30 p.m. at in Geneva.
3. Parents and caregivers can bring children ages 5 and younger to the for Stories With the Friends from 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Student storytellers will read aloud to the children in the Helen Gale Story Room.
Advance registration is not required. An announcement will be made for seating 5 minutes before the program starts.
4. Visit area for a free gift in honor of of , or 7/11/11. It's the 84th birthday of the 7-Eleven chain, which will be celebrating by giving away free 7.11 ounce Slurpees.
This offer is valid while supplies last.
5. World Population Day takes place every July 11 to raise awareness of the problems of overpopulation and continued population growth. This day was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Program in 1987.
The world population is expected to reach 7 billion in 2011.