Trick-or-treating hours in St. Charles are from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Halloween. The St. Charles Police Department posted several safety tips on the city website:
- All young children should be accompanied by their parent(s), or another responsible adult.
- If you are out after dark, be sure your group has a flashlight or attach reflective tape to costumes for additional safety measures.
- Please watch for traffic. Walk on the sidewalk and only cross at intersections.
- Always check costumes for proper fit to avoid tripping and they can see clearly.
- Examine all candy before being consumed.