Malone Funeral Home
- Mamie R, (Conde) Collins, 97, died Monday, Jan. 13, 2014. Visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, and funeral service will be 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at Malone Funeral Home.
- Frederic P. Strauss, 64, of Geneva, operated his own business representing various manufacturers in the metals industry. Always actively involved in his children’s lives, he took great pride in guiding them toward achieving their goals. He loved to read and enjoyed landscaping. Fred had a great love of animals, especially his two shelties, Annie and Java. He was a member of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Geneva, where he served as an usher. He was a loving husband, father, brother and uncle and will be missed by all those whose lives he touched.
- Andrew P. Trout, Jr., 83, of Illinois, formerly of Indiana and Iowa, served his country in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a professor of history at Indiana University Southeast in New Albany for 25 years. Andrew loved teaching and with that passion, authored City on the Seine, a chronicle and tableau of 17th century Paris, to give others the opportunity to see, through his eyes, the city he loved.
- John A. Bazar, 86, of Geneva, worked many years in sales for Canteen Corp. He proudly served his country with the Merchant Marines in World War II. He was a member of the Geneva American Legion. John loved to travel and bowl, he was an excellent pool player and a great cook, especially chili. However John’s greatest enjoyment in life was spending time with family and friends.
Yurs Funeral Home
- Virginia Ellen Gallucci Marquette, 90, died Jan. 11, 2014, in Geneva. Park Ridge, IN, was her home for 50 years, but she also loved "wintering" in Boynton Beach, FL, with her wonderful friends and family. She had a special place in her heart for the Marquette children and grandchildren that she loved.
- Karen Hansen, 57, of Wayne, graduated from Elgin Academy then Suffolk University in Boston, MA, and graduated in 1979 with an art degree. She was a teacher and librarian for School District U46 for many years. Also she was a librarian in Wayne, Bartlett and Streamwood. Karen was an active member of the Little Home Church by the Wayside, Dunham Woods Riding Club and Book Club and Pottawattamie Garden Club. Contributions may be made to the American Cancers Society 123 North First St Batavia, IL. 60510.
- Brian Olson, 59, died Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014 at the Geneva Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Memorial services will be held at a later date.
Moss Funeral Home
- Loretta A. Schroeder, 82, of North Aurora, passed away peacefully on Saturday, January 11, 2014, at Delnor-Community Hospital in Geneva. She was born Dec. 12, 1931, in Chicago, the daughter of Frank and Anna (nee Kubala) Zielinski. She was united in marriage to Arthur M. Schroeder Jr. on Feb. 27, 1954 in Chicago.
- Elsie Risch, 86, of St. Charles, was a longtime member of the Kane County Homemakers Extension. She loved the outdoors and especially walking as she could regularly be seen on many long walks throughout St. Charles. Elsie greatly enjoyed attending the Geneva Community Dinners held at the Geneva Methodist Church. The greatest pride in Elsie’s life was becoming a grandmother, and she had a wonderful relationship with her grandson, Mitchell. She loved her short time at Arden Courts, where staff and residents treated her wonderfully.
- James D. “Jim” Engebretson, 74, of Geneva, is survived by his beloved wife, Alice of Geneva; his four children, grandchildren and brothers. Memorials may be directed to the American Heart Association, 3816 Paysphere Circle, Chicago, IL 60674, or to Catholic Charities, P.O. Box 7044, Rockford, IL 61125.
Patch Funeral Home Guide
Are you looking for more information about Tri-Cities funeral homes and services? Would you care to review the services provided by a local funeral home? Click on the funeral home names to see the Patch Places listing for each business to write a review or learn more about the funeral home.
Let Patch save you time. Have local stories delivered directly to your inbox with our free newsletter. Sign up for Batavia, Geneva, and St. Charles. Then like us on the Facebook pages for Batavia, Geneva, and St. Charles. Follow us on Twitter at @BataviaPatch, @PatchGeneva, and @StCharlsILPatch.