Malone Funeral Home
- Robert McDowell and Leona “Lee” McDowell will be remembered in a joint service at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013, at the Malone Funeral Home, 324 East State St., Geneva, with a visitation starting at 11 a.m. Robert A. McDowell died Sept. 3, 2012, at the age of 87. Leona McDowell, 87, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, at the Rosewood Care Center of St. Charles. Bob was a proud member of the 5th Marine Division and was among the first ashore at Iwo Jima, where he was awarded a Purple Heart. He was self-employed for many years as a carpenter and sider. Bob and Lee combined their families on Dec. 28, 1968 and resided in Geneva until 1996 when they moved to Sebring, FL. Lee enjoyed crafting, decorating cakes, and helping with her grandkids.
- Bianca Medina of Aurora, infant daughter of Jose and Lorena (Carreon) Medina was born and passed away Aug. 22, 2013, at Presence Mercy Center Hospital in Aurora. She is survived by her parents; maternal grandparents Laurencio and Guadalupe Carreon of Cicero and paternal grandparents Pedro and Rosaura Medina of Aurora; also survived by many aunts and uncles.
- Lawrence A. “Larry” Mull, 63, of Carol Stream, was president of Global Marketing. He proudly served his country in the Army during the Vietnam War serving in 1970/71. He was assigned to the 560th MP’s Co. 16th Military Group, “Road Runners”, in his V100 gun truck named Blind Faith. He received a Purple Heart. He loved being around his Car Club Team GMCI. However his greatest enjoyment in life was spending time with family and friends.
- Vera L. (Biere) Wirth was born Wednesday Sept. 11, 1918, and died Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013. Service details are not available.
Yurs Funeral Homes
- Clifford R. “Ron” Cook, 63, of Montgomery, formerly of Sandwich, practiced law, umpired and coached baseball for many years in Sandwich. He attended Central Bible Church in Aurora, and formerly Our Saviors Lutheran Church in Sandwich.
- Marjorie “Midge” C. Hahn, 92, of St. Charles, will be remembered during a memorial service at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013, at Yurs Funeral Home, 405 E. Main St., St. Charles. The family would like to thank Delnor Glen and Reidar, Laura, and Andrei Hahn for their compassionate care and love for our mother.
- Marie A. Reber, 82, enjoyed being a homemaker, and excelled in careers such as interior decorating, serving as banquet director at Pheasant Run Resort, and, most recently as manager, Station Cleaners at the Geneva Train Depot. After retiring from Station Cleaners in 2005, Marie continued her lifelong passion of decorating and spending vacations with her family in Memphis, TN.
- James R. "Jimmy" Stevens Jr., 58, died unexpectedly Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, in Geneva, IL as a result of a fatal motorcycle accident. In the early '80s he started paving his future by wedding the late Carol Daly. It was during this time he began his 30-year-long journey with Continental Envelope Corp. in Geneva, IL, where he remained employed at the time of his death. In his spare time, Jimmy was an avid fisherman, car enthusiast, and Bears fan. He will be dearly missed by his family and many friends for his kindness, generosity, sense of humor, and willingness to help whenever needed.
Moss Funeral Homes
- Richard W. Corrigan, of Batavia, died Sunday Aug. 25, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be held from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013, and funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Moss Family Funeral Home.
- Elsie Klein, 101, of Batavia, came from Germany to the United States with her parents at the age of 14. They settled in the Pittsburgh area. Following high school, she met and married Richard Bauerle. She worked various jobs and became a widow raising two young children. For many years, she worked for the North Hills School District in Pittsburgh as the head baker.
- Gary Elroy Woods, Jr., 47, died Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013 at his residence in Batavia. He was born Jan. 13, 1966, in Orange, CA. Gary was an active member of Faith Baptist Church at Mill Creek. He was proud to be involved with Bible Study Fellowship and the Batavia Masonic Lodge # 404.
- Jon C. Hamaker, 49, of Aurora, died unexpectedly at his home Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013. He was employed by Wendy’s for almost 20 years, where he served in various positions, most recently as a general manager. Jon enjoyed spending time outdoors fishing, hiking, camping and golfing. He loved all sports, especially his Cubs, Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks. He was a loving and devoted father and husband.
Patch Funeral Home Guide
Are you looking for more information about Tri-Cities funeral homes and services? Would you care to review the services provided by a local funeral home? Click on the funeral home names to see the Patch Places listing for each business to write a review or learn more about the funeral home.