.

Machine Fire Reported at Batavia Business Friday Morning

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damages. Here are the details.

An air unit and some shelving caught fire in a business on Batavia's east side on Friday.

The fire occurred at Portollo Packaging on 951 Douglas Road, according to the . Firefighters were dispatched to the incident at 12:52 a.m. Friday.

The fire started in the basement of the company's warehouse due to some mechanical issues with the air unit, according to a press release.

The fire caused an estimated $2,000 in structural damages and $3,000 in content damage estimates, the release said.

Afterwards

A sprinkler system extinguished the fire. Three sprinkler heads were able to contain most of the fire. This minimized the dollar and operations loss for the business.

The Fire Department had the incident under control at 1:15 a.m., the press release said.

The fire alarm system activated when the fire broke out, alerting workers to evacuate. No one was injured in this incident.

The entire warehouse and basement had light smoke throughout after the fire.

About the Crew

A total of 35 personnel were at the scene, with the first unit arriving at 12:55 a.m. The last unit was cleared at 2:16 a.m.

This is the second fire call in less than 24 hours for the Batavia Fire Department. A dryer fire badly damaged a home on the city's west side shortly after 8 a.m. on Thursday. To read more about what happened, .

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »