Celebrate Labor Day with a festival in St. Charles benefiting two important local charities. The festivities kick off today and will continue through Monday.
Also, a free wellness seminar will help those trying to shed some pounds learn more about weigh loss and blood sugar control.
Here are five things going on today:
1. A Labor Day festival benefiting the Literacy Volunteers of Fox Valley and Fox Valley Troop Support will run through Monday. The festival features carnival games, rides, and family-friendly activities. A portion of the proceeds will go to Literacy Volunteers Fox Valley and Fox Valley Troop Support.
The fair opens at 6 p.m. tonight at Route 38 and Randall Road and is sponsored by Windy City Amusements and the .
2. Dr. Chris Holze D.C., of Holze Wellness Center will conduct a seminar on healthy weight loss and blood sugar control from 7 to 8 p.m. at Anytime Fitness, 590 Kirk Rd. Holze will discuss how to combat premature aging, low fat/low calorie diets, what to eat and what not to eat.
Admission is free. For more information, email the doctor directly at email@example.com.
3. The second installment of . Make your payments today to avoid late payment penalties of 1.5 percent if bills are paid from Sept. 2 through Oct. 1, or 3 percent from Oct. 2 though Oct. 22.
4. Recent legislation passed changing the Rapid Transit Authority's (RTA) seniors ride free program. Starting today, only low-income seniors enrolled in the Illinois Circuit Breaker program will ride for free on Metra, CTA and Pace fixed routes. Seniors are still eligible for the reduced fare rate. For more information on RTA fare programs, click here.
5. starts today with the launch of an interactive, on-line tutorial series and the North American Bed Bug Summit in Chicago Sept. 25-27 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare.