The Monday, Feb. 4, 2013 St. Charles City Council actions included several odds and ends that fell to the side during a busy week at St. Charles Patch.
Here’s a wrap-up of some the evening’s activities:
- Boy Scout Troop 33: The Scouts presented the colors and led those at the meeting in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- St. Charles Fire Department promotion: Board of Police and Fire Commissioners Chairman Don Haines, right, administers the oath of office to Tony Centimano, who was promoted to lieutenant of the St. Charles Fire Department
- Eagle Scout: Mayor Donald DeWitte read a proclamation honoring Zachariah Kwasniewski, of Boy Scout Troop 13, for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Youth Commission 2012 Challenge Grant Awards: Chairwoman Nancy McFarland and Dan Kelly announced the grant awards, which were based on the theme “Make a better tomorrow today.” The grant awards are as follows:
- Wredling Middle School: $500
Kary Vitali and the Builders Club will establish a program to promote positive peer pressure among students by recognizing individuals for their positive actions with an award.
- Girl Scouts – Abigail Miller: $500
Abigail Miller is working on a Girl Scouts project to create the “Operation Home Away From Home” program to provide special packages to any child admitted to the pediatrics wing of Delnor Community Hospital.
- Thompson Middle School: $600
Pam Cameron and Team 7-1 are organizing a “Day of Service” to provide opportunities for youth to develop healthy lifestyle awareness, as well as a “Get Active” campaign to encourage physical activity.
- Girl Scout Troop No. 4352: $400
Based out of Richmond Intermediate School, Girl Scout Troop No. 4352 plans to start a recycling program for plastic water bottles at the school.
On it’s action agenda, some highlights include that the council:
- Indefinitely tabled a requested parking lot closure and use of amplification equipment as well as Class E-2 liquor license for the 2013 Irish Fest. Originally planned for March 15-17, the council was informed that the event will be rescheduled to another month.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the closure of Route 64 and Route 31 for the 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 16, 2013.
- Approved the use of amplification equipment for the 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 16, 2013.
- Approved road closures and use of amplification equipment for the second Prairie State Cycling Series on July 21, 2013.
- Authorized a mixed martial arts event for visitors ages 18 and older at the DuPage Expo on March 9, 2013.
- Approved retroactively a Class E2 temporary liquor license for an event at the Kane County Fairgrounds on Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013.
Let Patch save you time. Have local stories delivered directly to your inbox with our free newsletter. Fast signup here.