The following is taken from the Village of St. Charles website:
The City of St. Charles will conduct fall hydrant flushing September 30 to October 7, according to the following schedule:
September 30-October 4
West side of the Fox River south of the Timbers subdivision to Gray Street and west to North/South 16th Street
East side of the Fox River south of Iroquois Avenue to Division Street and east to North/South 14th Avenue
Watch for signs announcing hydrant flushing that will be posted in specific areas of the City. For approximate hydrant flushing dates in your neighborhood, visit the My Neighborhood page of the City website, enter your address and click on the City Services tab.
Please note water is safe to use and consume during hydrant flushing. However, residents may temporarily experience rusty colored water. Please read these tips:
- It is best to limit your water use, if possible.
- If you experience rusty water, wait until flushing has subsided then turn on the cold water tap until the water runs clear.
- Remember rust colored water is safe, but it may stain laundry. If this happens, keep clothes wet and treat them with stain remover.
The City offers a stain removal product at no cost to residents at the following facilities:
- Public Works, 1405 South 7th Avenue
- City Hall, Reception Desk, 2 East Main Street
- Police Department, 211 North Riverside Avenue
For more information, contact the Public Works Department at 630-377-4405.