Institutions in Illinois, Indiana and Georgia recently named some St. Charles residents who have achieved inclusion on the school’s respect deans’ lists, according to recent releases issued by readMedia.
Butler University, Indianapolis
Four of those St. Charles students are at Butler University in Indianapolis, and they were among more than 800 students there who were named to the dean's list for the fall of 2012:
- Allison Hall, majoring in exploratory, business.
- Veronica Orech, majoring in theater.
- Matthew Shiltz, majoring in exploratory, business.
- Jonathan Vanderveen, majoring in marketing.
To be eligible for the dean’s list at Butler, undergraduate students must be seeking a degree and and carrying at least 12 academic hours in a given semester, according to the release. Dean’s list students are in the top 20 percent of their college, based on the semester grade-point average of all eligible students in each college.
Just six miles from downtown Indianapolis, Butler University is a nationally recognized university that enrolls more than 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students in six academic colleges.
Lakeview College of Nursing, Danville
Ruth Dyer of St. Charles was among 87 students at Lakeview College of Nursing in Danville who made the fall dean's list. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at Lakeview and must have a GPA of 3.6 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Lakeview College of Nursing is a single-purpose, private institution that has specialized in nursing education in the Danville since 1894.
Augustana College, Rock Island
Seven students from St. Charles are among 898 students have been named to the dean's list at Augustana College for the 2012 fall term. To be legible, students must have maintained a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a four-point scale for courses taken during the term. The St. Charles students include:
- John Ardelan, a junior majoring in biology.
- Danielle Engel, a first-year student, major undecided.
- Margaret Hoscheit, a junior majoring in biology and pre-medicine.
- Anna Martines, a first-year student, major undecided.
- Kristina Raasch, a junior majoring in geography and environmental studies.
- Elizabeth Rizzi, a sophomore majoring in communication sciences and disorders.
- Christina Scribano, a sophomore majoring in pre-medicine and biochemistry.
Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a four-year liberal arts and sciences college that enrolls 2,500 students.
George Tech, Atlanta
Jonathon Alexander of St. Charles made the dean's list for the fall at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, readMedia reported.
To be eligible, undergraduate students must earn a 3.00 or higher academic average for the semester.
Georgia Institute of Technology, one of the nation's leading research universities, provides technology-based education to more than 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students.