Geneva School Board President Mark Grosso said at 7:30 a.m. Friday that last night's teachers contract negotiations went past 11 p.m. but no settlement.
Grosso said he expected a press release would be distributed later this morning but could make no further comment.
"We have not reached a tentative agreement," he said.
The Geneva Education Association filed its notice of intent to strike on Oct. 26, and a walkout could take place as soon as today.
Information about negotiations and the potential strike will be communicated through emails to families, District 304’s emergency notification system, 304Connects, local media and the School Board’s negotiations webpage.
Geneva Patch will update this article as soon as additional information is available.
Want to stay up to date on the negotiations issue?
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.
- Reports: GEA Members Authorize Strike; Nov. 9 Earliest Possible Strike
- Geneva Teachers Express Frustration Over Stalled Negotiations
- UPDATE: Geneva School Board Calls Special Meeting to Discuss Teacher Negotiations
- Is a Teachers' Strike Possible in Geneva? Green Buttons Show Solidarity on First Day of School
- Patch Poll: How Much of An Increase Should Geneva Teachers Get?
- Batavia Teachers Get Raises in New Two-Year Contract; Geneva Still Negotiating
- Where Do You Stand on the Geneva Teachers' Union Negotiations?
- Geneva Teachers Expected to Picket Before Tuesday School Board
- State Teachers Union Announces Geneva Talks at Impasse
- UPDATE: Geneva Teachers Union Posts Its 'Final Offer'
- District 304: GEA's 'Final Offer' Calls for 18% Salary Hike in Final 3 Years Before Retirement
- Teacher Talks Resume Friday; Here's the Timeline If an Agreement Isn't Reached
- Geneva School Board's 'Final Offer' Made Public
- Geneva Teachers Give Notice of Intent to Strike
- School Board: Union's 'Rigid Stance' Kept Parties Apart for Months; GEA Responds
- Patch Poll: Which Offer Is More Fair to Teachers and Taxpayers?
- UPDATE—Geneva School Board: GEA Filed Intent to Strike While Sitting at Negotiations Table
- Geneva School District Outlines Plans in Case of Teacher's Strike
- GEA Posts Open Letter to Geneva Citizens
- Geneva School Board Releases Its Most Recent Contract Offer; Special Meeting Monday
- 'Show Will Go On' for the GHS Fall Play—Even If There's a Teachers Strike