Baker Memorial United Methodist Church
A large church with extensive staff, membership, and programs, Baker Memorial is led by senior pastor Ronni Verboom.
The church was founded in 1837. In 1952 need for a new building arose for the second time and a very generous gift from Colonel Edward J. Baker in memory of his parents, Martha and Edward Baker, was given to the church. The gift was the very building the church currently resides it. It is one of the most prominent architectural features of St. Charles and is magnificent to visit whether one is religious or not.
For those wishing more information or to join the church, the webpage has much information. The church also offers a new member orientation session to get you off to an easy start with them.
A very impressive full-sized organ is a part of the chapel.
- Hours: Sun, 9am, Worship Service, Sunday School for all ages, Nursery, infants and toddlers to age 3; Coffee Fellowship, Sun, 10am; Sunday Family Worship Service Sunday School for Adults, 10:30am; Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sun
- Handicap Accessible: There is designated handicapped parking
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1837
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Methodist
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes