Summer’s gone, sundown is arriving earlier each day, and leaves are changing color and beginning their inevitable descent to the ground. That can mean only one thing in St. Charles: It’s time for Scarecrow Fest!
The city’s whimsical celebration of fall will mark its 28th year when its begins its three-day run on Friday, Oct. 11. Scarecrow Fest concludes Sunday evening, Oct. 13, 2013.
The festival draws crowds from throughout the Fox Valley — and from much farther away. The number of visitors has grown to 150,000 in recent years, according to the Greater St. Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau, which produces the event, this year in conjunction with Ravenswood Event Services.
Related Stories, Videos:
- Oct. 14, 2013: Scarecrow Fest Closes Honoring Winning Scarecrows
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013 VIDEO: Rain Can’t Dampen This Scarecrow Fest Proposa
- Oct. 11, 2013 VIDEO: Scarecrow Fest Visitors Descend Upon St. Charles
- Oct. 11, 2013 VIDEO: Short video clip of the day
- Oct. 10, 2013: Scarecrow Fest Parking: What You Need to Know
- Oct. 1, 2013: Scarecrows Return to St. Charles’ West Side
- Oct. 1, 2013: What’s New at Scarecrow Fest for 2013
- Oct. 1, 2013: What Else Goes on at Scarecrow Fest?
- Oct. 1, 2013: Scarecrow Fest 2013: Free Parking, Shuttles